There’s nothing quite like Innabubble Theatre Company in the whole of Ireland. Not only do we produce self-contained, engaging, exciting shows for children, but we are also skilled in sensory theatre and have decades of experience between us of using creative arts in education. And now we are an online interactive creative wellness hub too!
What makes our shows unique?
- We create shows which are close-up, multi-sensory, fully immersive, and stimulating experiences for intimate audiences.
- We encourage our audiences and students to view the world from different angles and always ask the question ‘what if…?’
- We specialise in sensitively engaging audiences whose ‘world bubble’ has been shrunk by society’s expectations about their limitations – for example, people with severe intellectual disabilities, dementia, or mental health difficulties, and young children. We believe in challenging those expectations by allowing them to interact on their own terms with the performers, props, environment, and puppets.
- We use sets, props and lighting designed to be transported in a small car but which unfold to create a magical world, and we tour around rural areas so that people who might not otherwise have easy access to theatre can be reached by our engaging and therapeutic work.
- When playing to people with intellectual disabilities or dementia, the company rely less on verbal language to tell stories and more on using music, movement, puppets, colours, and other non-verbal forms of communication in ways which transcend differences in age, understanding, and ability.
Innabubble was formed in December 2017 by musician, actor, writer, puppeteer and former stand-up comedian Andrew ‘Skatz’ Scattergood.
Having worked as a musician and sensory performer for many years in the UK with people with intellectual disabilities, Skatz moved to rural Ireland in 2013, where he has been performing music, writing comedy plays, acting, singing for dementia suffers and running music sessions with groups of young adults with intellectual disabilities.
Innabubble’s vision is to invite everyone to wonder about the possibilities that the world has to offer and create powerful, stimulating and therapeutic art.
Working with Skatz on the company’s latest projects is the highly experienced Sharon Costello, who runs her own speech and drama school in Tralee, County Kerry. More recently Tricia O’Connor, an artist and meditation practitioner has joined them to collaborate on school projects.